From the Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival Facebook Page:
URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT: DUE TO EXCESSIVE RAIN (and more on the way) WE ARE POSTPONING AND TENTATIVELY RESCHEDULING THE 2018 LAKE GARNETT GRAND PRIX REVIVAL TO NOV. 9th THROUGH 11th.
We are saying “tentatively” because we have literally dozens of logistical arrangements to try and reschedule, so please be patient. Many more details will follow this week, so please stay tuned to our page. We will be contacting all participants as soon as we have more details.
As of this writing, there is water pouring over the spillway portion of the track and the rain isn’t supposed to stop until Thursday. To compound matters, weather forecasters are saying that the remnants of Hurricane Sergio will be dumping more rain in Kansas beginning Saturday afternoon or night, so the decision has been made to postpone.
Again, more information will be forthcoming later this week as we work out the specifics. Be sure to keep an eye on our website and official Facebook page as well. We apologize for the situation but we sincerely appreciate your understanding and support.
All the Best,
The LGGPR Team